Bearings for railway transport
Energy efficient bearing units HARP with extended resource.
FOR THE FIRST TIME SPECIALLY DESIGNED UNDER THE OPERATING CONDITIONS OF THE "SPACE 1520 ":
→ Cassette units for axle-boxes of freight and passenger cars – CRU Duplex
→ Cassette units for axle-boxes of freight and passenger cars – TBU 1520
→ Cassette units for axle-boxes of locomotives– CRU HARP
→ Closed units for traction electric motors of locomotives – CRВ HARP
The main result of design and technology optimization is increasing of the run between repairs more than in 2.5 times (800,000 km and more).
- CRU Duplex design with bead rings also eliminated one of the main disadvantages of axle unit —low reliability of the butt holder, caused by the presence of the attachable ring in the classical design. Dynamic axial force on the butt holder is decreased in 4 times.
- Unique lubrication Klüberplex HARP, developed jointly with the German company Klüber Lubrication (Freudenberg Group) is the only one, which, along with high resistance to wear and contact fatigue fracture surface, low drag torque when starting and driving, has low temperature stability of the basic characteristics up to -60°C.
Results of under control operation on the RZhD network: In wagons equipped with CRU Duplex bearings, increasing of operational reliability of axle components is fixed —number of axle unit repairs per year for one given wagon is in 4 times less comparing with wagons with conventional cylindrical bearings.
- As a result there are reduced operational costs for the axlebox unit and costs for preventive maintenance and repair of the bearing units during the lifetime of the wagon.
- Substantial reduction in complexity and lower installation costs when forming wheelset: the bearing is supplied assembled, lubricated and assembled according to the radial clearances and dimensions of inner rings bore, and requires no additional operations on the axle before mounting. As a result there are reduced installation time, production capacities and personnel, energy costs.
- Possibility of mounting/dismounting on existing equipment: application of duplex bearings does not require purchasing and installation of new special equipment.